hollywood a-list supports israel’s war August 20, 2006Posted by Brad Richert in politics.
- Nicole Kidman, high-school dropout
- Michael Douglas, B.A. (Univ of California, Santa Barbara)
- Dennis Hopper, high-school diploma
- Sylvester Stallone, high-school dropout
- Bruce Willis, high-school diploma
- Danny De Vito, high-school diploma
- James Woods, high-school diploma (dropped out of M.I.T.)
- Don Johnson, B.A. (Univ of Kansas)
- Kelly Preston, high-school diploma
- Patricia Heaton, B.A. (Ohio State) in Theatre
- William Hurt, B.A. (Tufts) – awarded honouary doctorate in Fine Arts by Tufts in 2005
- Ridley Scott, B.A. (Royal College of Art in London) in Film Arts
Alright, that is a pretty prestigous list, isn’t it? I am going to admit my bias very clearly here. I cannot stand Hollywood or any famous person that is famous for the sake of being famous. I deeply respect people who are famous because of their intelligence, views, and maybe even skill. Actors, I do not respect. The only skill that most actors have is that of deception and I believe many car salepersons could put most Hollywood actors to shame. That said, why did I post such a prestigious list of select deceivers?
This list is just a few of the 85 Hollywood personalities that have “condemned terrorism” by selecting terrorist organizations such as Hamas and the Hezbollah. The best quote from the bunch is “If we do not succeed in stopping terrorism around the world, chaos will rule and innocent people will continue to die.” Hmmm… I wonder if any of those folks could define for me what a terrorist is. What is the line drawn between a terrorist and a non-terrorist? The group of Hollywood personalities furthers their lack of discernment by stating “We need to support democratic societies and stop terrorism at all costs” without noting that Hamas defeated the Fatah party in democratic elections.
“Another Day in the Empire” stresses on the relative ignorance of people who have no knowledge of the situation in the Middle East. I doubt any of those actors could even find Lebanon on a map before this war. Essentially, these actors are simply playing politics with the lives of innocents. Frankly, I couldn’t give a shit what Nicole Kidman thinks about world affairs. If these actors want to actually make a difference, take up the practice of visiting the places you speak about first, God knows they have the money. Who knows, maybe Kidman might pull an Angelina Jolie and adopt some Lebanese child that her support of Israel just orphaned. You don’t need to have a degree to have opinions, but nor should you be allowed to play politics with innocent lives because the masses of movie-goers think you are pretty enough to be awarded $20,000,000 per film.
Sources and more info:
- On Hollywood condemns Terrorism
- On Hollywood supports Israeli Mass Murder
- On Why Israel did not ask for the “kidnapped” soldiers (from July 12, 2006)